We sat down with Great Lakes Health & Wellness Ambassador Julie Kemesky and asked her some questions and Crossfit. Here is what she had to say:
1. What do you do to stay so fit? Crossfit
2. When did you start Crossfit? 3 1/2 years ago
3. Why Blackflag Athletics? I was talking with a friend of mine about needing something more in a workout and she was already a member there, she told me to come and give it a try. Everyone was so nice and welcoming and supportive I couldn't imagine going anywhere else.
4. Favorite movement or workout? Handstand Pushups
5. Absolute thing you HATE to do at Crossfit? Wall Balls
6. Favorite food/cheat meal? I don't really have a favorite, it's kind of what strikes the mood but I do LOVE burgers.
7. Advice to someone who wants to try Crossfit but is nervous/intimidated? It's such a fun and welcoming environment! Anyone of any fitness level can do it and the community is so encouraging!
8. Do you have any competitions or specific goals coming up? The Crossfit Open starts on Friday! My goal this year is to make top 200.
9. Fun fact about you?! I was electrocuted twice (LOL) Once by a toaster when I was 11 and once in the head by a live wire during a Savage Race (explains a lot hahah!)